- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section of the State Bar of California
- California Lawyers for the Arts
- California State Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Litigation Section of the State Bar of California
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Super Lawyers
California Codes & Statutes
- California Codes and Statutes From FindLaw. Features state constitution, codes, statutes and other legislative information. Includes local codes and ordinances.
- California Court General Information
- Sacramento Superior Court
- United States Federal Court System
- United States District Court – Eastern District of California
- United States District Court – Northern District of California
- California Supreme Court and Court of Appeals Opinions From FindLaw. Archived since October 1996.
- California Supreme Court and Court of Appeals Opinions From FindLaw. Since 1934.
- California Rules of Court
- Official California Legislative Information
- California Forms
- California Constitution From the Legislative Counsel of California.
- California Constitution
- California Codes From FindLaw.
- California Codes From the Legislative Counsel of California.
- California Statutes
- California Statutes From the Legislative Counsel of California.
- California Municipal and County Codes and Ordinances
- Bill Information
- California Bill Information Searchable site provides information about California Assembly and Senate Bills.
- California Code of Regulations Provides searchable text of the regulations issued by California state agencies.
- California Law Revision Commission The Commission examines the common law and statutes, receives and considers suggestions and proposed changes in the law, and recommends changes in the law. Site includes meeting agenda, bills, tentative recommendations, staff drafts and other materials.
- Official California Legislative Information
- Legislative History Online Archives Index of California state legislation finding aids.
- Research Guide for Compiling a California Legislative History From Hastings Law Library.
- US Supreme Court – Opinions & Web Site
- Federal Judiciary Homepage – maintained by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts. Features publications, directories, news and more.
- US Courts of Appeals – Opinions & Web Sites
1st – ME, MA, NH, PR, RI
2nd – NY, VT, CT
3rd – PA, NJ, DE, VI
4th – MD, NC, SC, VA, WV
5th – LA, TX, MS
6th – MI, OH, KY TN
7th – IL, IN, WI
8th – ND, SD, MN, NE, IA, MO AR
9th – CA, OR, WA, AZ, MT, ID, NV, AK, HI
10th – CO, KS, NM, OK, UT, WY
11th – AL, GA, FL
DC – DC, Tax Court, fed admin agencies.
Federal Patent, Int’l Trade, Claims Court and Veterans’ Appeals.
US Trial Courts Web Sites
- US District Courts
- US Bankruptcy Courts
- US Court of International Trade Features USCIT slip opinions since 1999.
- US Court of Federal Claims – from the Department of Commerce. Decisions since 1997.
- US Court of Federal Claims – from George Washington University School of Law. Decisions since 1997.
- US Tax Court – includes Tax Court opinions since January 1, 1999, Tax Court Rules, and more.
Federal courts and other entities outside the Judicial Branch
- Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals – includes decisions, rules, biographies of the judges.
- US Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces – includes opinions, digest, daily journal, court rules and more.
- Court of Veterans Appeals
- Federal administrative agencies and boards
United States Congress:
- United States Congress (Thomas Legislative Information on the Internet
- United States Crime Control Bill of 1994
- United States Federal Laws (by source): U.S. House of Representatives Internet Law Library
- United States House of Representatives
- United States Senate
- Crime, Law Enforcement, and Prisons: Sentencing and Parole — U.S. House of Representatives Internet Law Library
- Crime, Law Enforcement, and Prisons: General — U.S. House of Representatives Internet Law Library
- Library of Congress
United State Judiciary:
- United States Supreme Court Opinions: A Service of the Legal Information Institute, Cornell University
- United States Supreme Court Opinions: FedWorld/FLITE Supreme Court Decisions Homepage: Historic File of Supreme Court Decisions (This file consists of over 7000 Supreme Court opinions dating from 1937 through 1975, from volumes 300 through 422 of U.S. Reports.)
- United States Supreme Court Opinions: USSC+
- United States Supreme Court Opinions: Villanova Center for Information
- Law and Policy: United States Supreme Court Opinions Flite Database Archive
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
California Legal Resources:
- California Assembly
- California Board of Corrections
- California Courts Home Page
- California Department of Corrections
- California Department of Motor Vehicles
- California Government Code
- California League of Women Voters
- California Legislative Analyst
- California Legislative Information
- California Legislative Searching
- California Online Voter Guide: General Election 1996
- California Penal Code
- California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General
- California Department of Justice Division of Law Enforcement Criminal Justice Virtual Library, Criminal Justice Resource Directory
- California Office of Criminal Justice Planning
- California Office of the Governor
- California State Senate
- California State Constitution
- California Statutes (the key to all 29 codes)
- California Supreme Court Opinions
- Los Angeles Times
- Sacramento Bee
- San Jose Mercury News
- Washington Post
- Washburn University School of Law Library
- Indiana University Libraries Research Collections
- Internet Crime Archives
- United States National Library of Medicine Databases & Electronic Information Sources
Favorite Legal Blogs
- Bag and Baggage
Denise Howell, appellate, IP and tech lawyer
- Ernie the Attorney
Technology focused legal issues by attorney Ernest Svenson
- Jim Calloway’s Law Practice Tips Blog
Weblog about law practice management, the Internet and technology
Chronicling the high cost of our legal system
- The Volokh Conspiracy
General legal issues addressed